What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Alberta’s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canada’s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canada’s public land and water wild – forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 24.07.17 Canada last among G7 countries in land protection, but improved performance possible
- 05.07.17 Mikisew Cree responds to UNESCO decision on Wood Buffalo National Park
- 27.06.17 Albertans encouraged to love their headwaters, celebrate water sources
- 07.06.17 UNESCO calls urgently on Canada to protect Wood Buffalo National Park.
- 16.03.17 CPAWS Welcomes Continued Investments in Parks in Alberta Budget 2017