What we do
CPAWS Northern Alberta has championed the protection of Alberta’s diverse natural heritage since our establishment in 1968 as the first regional chapter of the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society. CPAWS is Canada’s pre-eminent, non-profit wilderness protection organization. Together, we are working to keep at least half of Canada’s public land and water wild – forever. Click on an issue to learn more.
- 15.11.17 Wood Buffalo National Park Receives Worst Conservation Outlook for World Heritage Sites in Canada
- 19.10.17 Beer partnership highlights conservation opportunity in Alberta
- 05.10.17 North America awaits Alberta’s leadership on legislatively protected areas for boreal caribou
- 24.07.17 Canada last among G7 countries in land protection, but improved performance possible
- 05.07.17 Mikisew Cree responds to UNESCO decision on Wood Buffalo National Park